Platonov´s Chess Academy
176 Seiten, kartoniert, Chess Info&Research, 1. Auflage 2012
Igor Platonov was one of the most profound thinkers and theoreticians in the old Soviet Union, which held a grip on the world chess championship for decades as the title passed from one of its stars to another. Platonov's visionary insights, examined and explained here for the first time, provide you with the keys to understanding the foundational concepts of the game - and give you effective methods of training that will help you to find the most powerful moves.
Three-time U.S. Champion Lev Alburt and European Champion Sam Palatnik, two of the most renowned chess trainers in the world, introduce and explain the revolutionary ideas of their old friend and mentor, Igor Platonov.
- Reveals top chess training secrets of Soviet champions
- Deeply examines the theory of the Sicilian Defense - the most popular chess opening
- Provides a unique understanding of how small changes in a chess position can require completely different long-range plans
- Offers you a real strengthening of your chess understanding
- For intermediate players to grandmasters
008 Part I: Platonov's Methods in Action
009 Chapter One: A Must Win!
026 Chapter Two: First the Destination, Then the Path
048 Part II: Platonov and the Sicilian
049 Chapter Three: Climbing Aboard the Sicilian Rollercoaster
065 Chapter Four: Platonov Versus Tal: Three Epic Duels
084 Part III: Platonov's Heritage
085 Chapter Five: The Breadth and Depth of Platonov's Sicilian
115 Chapter Six: My Sicilian
149 Chapter Seven: New Generations, Old Inspirations
160 Part IV: Platonov's Lab
161 Chapter Eight: The Two Bishops
171 Chapter Nine: Warming Up for Your Tournament
175 Index of Players
176 Index of Openings