Power openings: Grünfeld Defence Vol. 1
You are looking for an active answer to 1.d4? Then the Grünfeld Indian is an excellent choice! Not by chance this opening is one of the main weapons of some top grandmasters: with active play and emphasis on tactics, Black counters White’s strong centre, immediately facing him with concrete problems.
In this video course, the Austrian number 1 and Grünfeld expert Markus Ragger gives you the necessary knowledge to outplay your opponents with the Grünfeld. In over 10 hours (volumes 1 and 2), he presents the most important main and side lines. Subsequently, you have the chance to apply your freshly acquired knowledge in interactive video format, finding the right moves in response to the author’s questions. What’s more, you can practice the repertoire and play out the Grünfeld structures against the computer. So - start studying the Grünfeld right away!
1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 d5 4.cxd5 Nxd5
- 5.Bd2, 5.g3, 5.Na4, 5.Qb3/Qa4
5.e4 Nxc3 6.bxc3 Bg7
- 7.Ba3, 7.Bc4, 7.Be3, 7.Bb5, 7.Qa4, 7.Bg5
- 8.Rb1, 8.Be2, 8.h3, 8.Bb5, 8.Be3
- Video running time: over 5 hours (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Extra: Training with ChessBase apps - Memorize the opening repertoire and play key positions against Fritz on various levels
Markus Ragger is a grandmaster, Austrian number 1 and the strongest chess player in the German-speaking world. He became multiple Austrian national champion and represents Austria in Olympiads and team championships at the first board. He has already exceeded 2700 ELO in his career and has been among the top 100 in the world for over 10 years.
Pentium III 1 GHz
- PC Intel Core i7
- 2.8 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 / 8 or 10
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
- DVDROM drive
- internet connection for program activation