Fritz & Chesster - Part 2
THE BOLOGNA CHILDREN'S BOOK FAIR ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS OF THE 2003 BOLOGNA NEW MEDIA PRIZE. SIX WINNERS EXEMPLIFY OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND INNOVATION, AND INCLUDE THE SECOND BOLOGNA CHILDREN'S EBOOK AWARD. TWO OF THE SIX WINNERS ON GAME PLATFORMS
Bologna, Italy (March 24, 2003)-- The Bologna Children's Book Fair is pleased to announce the winners of the 2003 Bologna New Media Prize, a juried award honoring excellence in children's "new media" products. The task this year was ambitious-- select only six winners from 2002's total entries of 538 products from twelve countries.
A group of six editors and reviewers representing Asia, Europe and the United States were asked to make their selections without regard to language, country of origin, or size of publisher. Six winners were named, consisting of three "Winners," two "Citations for Excellence," and one eBook.
FACTS AT A GLANCE
* Number of titles considered for this year's prize: 538 from twelve countries
* Number of Winners: 6 (3 Winners, 2 Citations for Excellence, 1 eBook)
* Number of Jurors: 6, representing England, France, Germany, Italy, South Korea and the United States.
Recipients will be recognized on April 2, 2003 during the Bologna Children's Book Fair, the world's largest trade fair dedicated to children's publishing.
One of the winners is:
Fritz & Chesster - "Learn to Play Chess" (Germany) Terzio (www.terzio.de)/ ChessBase
A most innovative and child-friendly chess tutorial, this program has children moving through an adventure and series of exercises to learn the rules and strategies of the game.
Jump into chess action, move by move, to rescue Chesster from deep within King's Black castle. Join Fritz and Bianca in a thrilling chess adventure as they enter the rooms of the castle, where each challenge will help you sharpen your skills and prepare for the ultimate shutdown.
- Part two of the famous chess game 'Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster'
- Powered by Fritz, the world's leading chess software
- Learn about tactics and strategy, the opening and endgame
- Developed together with experienced children's chess coaches